- Our lab in the news! https://scienceblog.com/500815/team-researching-use-of-fungi-to-restore-native-plant-populations/
- Our research team put together activities for a local pre-school science extravaganza. The children extracted DNA from strawberries and looked at different objects under the microscope. They loved it!
- Congratulations to undergraduate Mary Schneider for her undergraduate research award to test mycorrhizal responsiveness in Palouse Prairie plants!
- Congratulations to undergraduate Megan Brauner for her undergraduate research award! She received funding to work on a project this summer to develop an improved method for quantifying mycorrhizal fungi.
- Undergraduates Megan Brauner, Bryndalyn Corey, Jasmine Gonzales, and Catalina Lopez joined the lab! They are getting Biology 499 research credit for their work in our soil microbial ecology lab. They will be doing a lot of molecular work this semester!
- Alifya Saify will be joining the lab at WSU as our new lab manager. We’re excited to have you, Alifya!
- Tanya presented her prairie restoration research in an organized oral session at the Ecological Society of America meeting, Portland, OR
- Tanya has accepted an Assistant Professor of Microbial Ecology position at Washington State University! She will be starting her new lab on the Tri-Cities campus in August 2017.
- Tanya received a Translational Mycology award from the Mycological Society of America for her research, Evaluating the role of mycorrhizal fungi in the ecological restoration of tallgrass prairies
- Undergraduate KC Cifizzari was named a McNair Scholar! Congratulations, KC!
- Tanya was interviewed for a story on gender bias in the sciences for Inside Magazine. Read it here: Breaking Down Biases
- Our paper Dominant mycorrhizal association of trees alters carbon and nutrient cycling by selecting for microbial groups with distinct enzyme function got accepted for publication in New Phytologist! Great job team!
- Undergraduate KC Cifizzari was awarded an Out in STEM Travel Award to attend the 2016 0STEM conference, Denver, CO – congratulations, KC!
- Undergraduate KC Cifizzari was awarded an Indiana University LGBT Alumni Association mini-Grant to attend 2016 0STEM conference, Denver, CO – congratulations, KC!
Undergraduate KC Cifizzari was awarded the Cox Access Scholarship for studies at IU – congratulations, KC!
Undergraduate KC Cifizzari was awarded an Philanthropic Educational Opportunities Returning Education Grant, Indiana University – congratulations, KC!
- Tanya is the new Chair of the Mycological Society of America Diversity Committee
- Tanya was awarded a New Phytologist Early Investigator Award to present her research, Mycorrhizal responsiveness differs among non-native and native prairie plants, in an invited symposium, Mycological Society of America meeting in Berkeley, CA